Exclusive opportunities to visit private homes and estates, see extraordinary personal art collections, hear talks by prominent authors and historians, and take insider tours of cultural institutions. Accompanying dinners and receptions offer the opportunity to mingle with fellow members who share a commitment to Historic Hudson Valley’s work.
Pocantico Society members have:
- Cruised the lower Hudson and Manhattan Harbor on the Forbes yacht, The Highlander
- Visited the fabled Park Avenue apartment of John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
- Taken a curator-led tour of the newly installed American Wing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, featuring paintings from the Hudson River School
- Explored Fieldwood Farm, the Hudson Valley estate of Mr. and Mrs. John D. Rockefeller III
Some Pocantico Society events are reserved for members at the Benefactor level:
- David Rockefeller has welcomed the Benefactors to his East Side townhouse
- Martha Stewart has hosted a Halloween dinner for the Benefactors at her Bedford farm
- Leonard Lauder and his late wife, Evelyn, have invited the Benefactors to their Fifth Avenue apartment to see their greatly admired collection of Cubist works by Picasso and others
Other Pocantico Society benefits include:
- Invitation to the annual Pocantico Society holiday dinner, held in private homes or fine restaurants like Blue Hill at Stone Barns
- Passes to The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze that can be used on any date, at any time, without reservations, as well as special invitation to a VIP Blaze “quiet” night (closed to the public)
- Complimentary admission to all six Historic Hudson Valley properties including Kykuit, the Rockefeller Estate
- Opportunity to host catered social events at Historic Hudson Valley’s headquarters and library in Pocantico Hills (additional fees apply)
For further information on the Pocantico Society, please contact Mary Beth Becker, Manager of Individual Giving, at 914.366.6922 or email@example.com.