Brand new at Blaze 2013: 'Art of the Pumpkin' exhibit
This year an exhibit of pumpkin-inspired sculpture will provide even more visual treats for Blaze visitors to enjoy. The Art of the Pumpkin: Contemporary Sculpture Inspired by the Hudson Valley’s Legendary Squash will feature works by 25 area artists, who were chosen by a panel of experts.
The artists created their sculptures especially for Blaze, and the works will be on view in a special exhibit space near the event’s main entrance.
The exhibit is coordinated by Historic Hudson Valley in conjunction with Collaborative Concepts.
Proposals from the following artists have been selected for the exhibit:
- Emil Alzamora of Beacon, N.Y.
- Shawn Feeney of Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Sarah Haviland of Crompond, N.Y.
- Peter Schlemowitz of Beacon, N.Y.
- Catherin Hoskinson of Accord, N.Y.
- Alex Uribe of Cold Spring, N.Y.
- Jodi Carlson of Mahopac, N.Y.
- Susan Buroker of Smithtown, N.Y.
- Sara Lynch of Potsdam, N.Y.
- Lisa Breznack of Peekskill, N.Y.
- Peter Cheney of Nyack, N.Y.
- Erica Mazzeo of Somers, N.Y.
- Jonathan Lopes of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Lea Bolotin of Yorktown Heights, N.Y.
- Elena Kalman and Susan Hoffman Fishman of Stamford, Conn.
- Denis J. Folz of Danbury, Conn.
- Elizabeth Barksdale of Mahopac, N.Y.
- Herman Roggeman of Garrison, N.Y.
- Jim Lloyd of Katonah, N.Y.
- Chuck Von Schmidt of Dix Hills, N.Y.
- Leslie Pelino of New Paltz, N.Y.
- JoAnn Brody of Peekskill, N.Y.
- Naomi Teppich of Damascus, Pa.
- Eric Arctander of Putnam Valley, N.Y.
- Cassandra Saulter of Beacon, N.Y.